Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Nice Side of Mommy

I always took time with Gabe to smell the flowers.
I can be nice too, I swear.

I even have photographic evidence of me as a permissive, engaging parent of a toddler.

Gabe was a wholly sweet child who was safe and secure in the knowledge that he was well-loved by his entire family. It wasn't that hard to parent him, even with my no-bullshit method during ages 2 and 3.

Some of my husband's family are so traditional/superstitious that they will not send baby gifts until my second son is born. I am starting to wonder if I may have jinxed myself by pontificating on what kind of toddlerhood parent I was, guaranteeing that this little one inside of me is going to come out squalling and not stop until age 7.

You'll have to check back in a few years to see what kind of photos I post for that.

I let Gabe spend as much time as he wanted in the petting zoo.
(Truthfully, as much time as the goat wanted him in there.)

I let Gabe ride the big tractor with my dad, which is only among
the most dangerous things you could possibly let your kid do.
I'm even SMILING as Gabe lifts a dyed egg out of the mug
with his bare hand. (Notice the bib and newspaper, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment