Monday, June 4, 2012

Help a Mama Out

Life continues to go well here in newborn land, although I had hoped to blog more often. It's not that I couldn't find the time. I just often spend it doing something else.

I always had planned to extend an invitation for guest bloggers, so please don't feel like it's just a desperate, unshowered, overtired mommy begging for others to do her work. No, not at all.

I will keep posting, but it will be good to publish someone else's thoughts when I've suddenly realized what feels like one long day actually has been four in a row and Mommy Remix is getting a touch stale. In journo land, this is what we call having a well, from which we dip when it's a slow news day.

Please send your submissions to me via email at rckleiboemer@gmail.com and I will happily put them in the lineup.

You can write a full-length post or just a paragraph. Send pictures if you'd like. You have my full permission to be as snarky and foul-mouthed as I have been to this point, but no worse.

Topics could include:

  • Your own family story
  • What you do/did or don't/didn't enjoy about pregnancy
  • Adventures in fertility, or disappointments and challenges 
  • Why you don't want to have a baby
  • What you can't stand about how parents raise their kids
  • Thoughts on co-sleeping, nursing in public, crying it out, cloth diapers, etc.
  • Hilarity of traveling with children
  • How you keep your marriage and adult relationships going
  • Public policy regarding education or health care
  • What you like or don't like about your OBGYN or pediatrician
  • Tips and warnings for new parents
  • The best baby shower game or birthday party theme
  • How you're raising your kids to deal with their peers
  • To give or not to give an allowance
  • Methods of discipline
  • What phrase of your parents you swore you'd never repeat but did

For the record, Gabe often hears, "What the hell's the matter with you?" The more I say it, the more I like it.

And this post took me more than three hours to write, interrupted by two nursing sessions and one pee blowout that soaked both Max and me to the point of complete outfit changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment